Learn how to accurately choose a VESA pattern for your monitor or TV, ensuring a secure and compatible mount for optimal viewing
1. Understand What VESA Means. VESA stands for Video Electronics Standards Association, a group that defined standard sizes for mounting holes on the backs of TVs and monitors.
2. Check Your TV or Monitor Specifications. Most modern TVs and monitors will have a label or sticker on the back or in the manual indicating the VESA specification, e.g., “VESA 100×100“. Be sure to read up on monitor mounts and tv mounts, since there is a big difference.
3. Measure It Yourself If Unsure. If you can’t find the VESA size in the manual or on the device itself, grab a tape measure and measure the distance between the horizontal holes and then the vertical ones (in millimeters).
4. Consider the Weight of Your Device. Even if you’ve identified the right VESA pattern, ensure the mount you choose can bear the weight of the TV or monitor.
5. Know the Common VESA Sizes and Their Applications.
- VESA 100×100: Commonly found on smaller monitors and some smaller TVs.
- VESA 200×200: This is a frequent size for medium-sized TVs.
- VESA 600×400: Typical for larger TVs, usually 40 inches and above.
6. Consider Mount Flexibility. Some mounts are designed to work with multiple VESA standards, which can be handy if you plan to change your TV or monitor in the future.
7. Think About Future Upgrades. If you’re considering replacing your TV or monitor soon, consider a mount compatible with larger VESA sizes, so you don’t have to purchase a new mount later.
8. Check Reviews and Customer Feedback. Before purchasing a specific mount, read reviews from other customers to see if they’ve had issues with VESA size compatibility.
9. Consider Professional Installation. For larger TVs or if you’re unsure of your DIY skills, consider hiring a professional to ensure your TV or monitor is safely and correctly mounted.
10. Test and Safety. Once your mount is installed, ensure your TV or monitor is securely fastened with no possible movement. This ensures the safety of both your device and the people in your household.
To choose the right VESA pattern is critical to ensure your TV or monitor is securely and stably mounted. By taking the time to measure your device accurately and select the right mount, you can enjoy your media without concerns about mounting issues.